FULL ARTIST MEMBERSHIP
Deadline for submissions : MAY 30
Founded in 1990, The Red Head Gallery is one of Canada's most respected collectives, showcasing a broad range of contemporary visual art by emerging and mid-career artists. Membership gives individuals the opportunity to show their work in the 401 Richmond Gallery and participate in a vibrant artist community. Members are expected to participate on committees, gallery special projects and gallery administration.
If you are interested in applying, please send a package that includes:
- A Cover Letter outlining your interest in the collective.
- Artist Statement. (Indicate the media, technique, theme or context of your practice)
- Current Curriculum Vitae (max. 3 pages)
- Maximum of 20 digital images (including detailed views) of your work on a CD.
- Images should be saved as jpegs, at 1024px by 768px at 72dpi. In the case of video or performance based works, please include a DVD or save files as a .mov.
- Please use the convention name01.jpg, name02.jpg, etc when saving your files.
- Corresponding list of images (or contact sheet), indicating title, year of execution, medium and dimensions (h x w x d or running time)
- Relevant Support Material (articles, reviews, catalogues, etc.)
- Self-addressed stamped envelope with proper return postage if you require the return of any material.
Note: Do not send original artwork. The current members will review submissions.
At this time, we are looking for GTA based members. Full members pay $166/month and get a solo show approximately every 18 months. For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Red Head Gallery Associate Membership is an initiative implemented to support the gallery in a meaningful way. The fee is $50 renewable annually. Your membership fee supports The Red Head Gallery’s continued role as a forum for dialogue and exchange about contemporary art practices through exhibitions, and member events. The Red Head Gallery facilitates a sense of community: to meet other members involved in the visual arts, to network, socialize, and to create discourse.
The Red Head Gallery, celebrating its 23rd anniversary in 2013, is a professional artists’ cooperative committed to exhibiting the work of established and emerging artists and to encouraging ethnic and cultural diversity in both audience and program development.Associate members will have the opportunity to participate in The Red Head Exchange exhibitions, should vacancies be available after the current members have been accommodated. Associate member’s names will appear on a page of The Red Head website with a link to their own website. Additionally, Associate Members will have the opportunity to rent the gallery space from one to six weeks during the summer when the gallery is closed.